Active Division 7 is a concept, a vision and a framework for collaborating with the community for the planning and delivery of sport and physical activity.
This framework is will be guided the community and other key Council policies.
Active Division 7 is about getting more people, more active, more often.
1. Council will provide a variety of high quality aquatic, leisure and sporting facilities to meet community needs.
2. Council will encourage a diverse range of active and passive recreation activities that reflect the priorities of our diverse community.
3. Council will promote the ongoing benefits of formal and informal forms of physical activity.
4. Council will promote the benefits of incidental exercise and of choosing sustainable modes of transport where possible.
5. Council will support inclusive sports environments that promote the participation of women, juniors and priority groups, outlined in Council’s strategies and policy documents.
6. Council will develop and maintain partnerships with sporting clubs, associations, health agencies, and service providers to enhance residents’ participation in physical activities.