What our region deserves
- Residents of the region should have walkable access to ‘everyday’ needs
- Our region should has a growing economy that promotes a diversity of local job.
- We have a range of housing that meets community needs
- All residents have access to well designed and well located community facilities
- Community buildings and public spaces are well designed, and encourage community interaction
- Every resident has access to open spaces close to where they live
- Our region has an integrated transport system that prioritises and encourages walking, cycling and public transport and targets a reduction in car usage
- The Moreton Bay Region is a cooler, greener and more sustainable complete place to live.
The need for action to:
- Plan, develop and deliver a range of leisure, cultural and recreation opportunities and events that allow all people to participate in community activities.
- Support and promote community led initiatives that encourage social interaction, community engagement, connection to culture and civic participation.
- Increase the capacity of residents through initiatives that develop and promote local leadership and civic participation.
- Provide funding and support local groups to build a more connected and engaged community through community grants.
- Create meaningful opportunities for volunteers to participate in Council events, activities and services.
- Promote and encourage the positive impacts of social interaction, community engagement, connection to culture and civic participation.
#ReadyToServe #Division7 MoretonBayRegionalCouncil